Single-hung or sash windows have a fixed top sash with a bottom sash that slides up and down for ventilation. Hidden balance springs offer a clean look and allow for the window sash to be opened and closed effortlessly. Because the sash doesn’t protrude, they are a perfect choice for high-traffic areas such as decks and walkways. Commonly used in window openings that are taller than they are wide, the sash will self-level in any position at which the latch is released. The screens are located on the outside of the sash and are easily removable from inside the home when desired.
Single Hung Windows Features
- Reinforced interlock design for optimal performance
- Hidden balance springs for incremental airflow and ease of operation
- Double Cam Locks for security and performance
- Great for emergency egress through movable lower sash
- Low-profile frame to maximize glass area
Customize Your Windows
With control of the entire manufacturing process, we have the creative and design flexibility for every budget and project requirement. Explore the many ways we can make your new windows the envy of the neighbourhood.
Single Hung windows are available in our following window collections.
Other popular window types
Have a look at our other window types available for nice combinations.