Awning windows are hinged at the top, and the sash swings outward from the bottom. This allows for the ventilation of your home even when it’s raining. These windows are uniquely designed to provide light while maintaining privacy when obscured or patterned glass is introduced. Awning windows look great in combination with larger stationary windows below to maximize view and airflow, or on their own as a feature in a room. Screens are placed on the interior of the awning window unit with a roto-crank in the center for ease of operation in locations such as bathrooms, showers and above countertops.
Awning Windows: The Features
- Open incrementally with a steel scissor arm to guide and secure the window opening
- Roto-crank operated for hassle-free function and incremental airflow
- Three weather seals with exterior seal available in a variety of colour options
- True balanced sash available for a clean aesthetic both inside and outside your home
- Allows for ventilation even during periods of light rain
Customize Your Windows
With control of the entire manufacturing process, we have the creative and design flexibility for every budget and project requirement. Explore the many ways we can make your new windows the envy of the neighbourhood.
Awning windows are available in our following window collections.
Other popular window types
Have a look at our other window types available for nice combinations.